Sizes for Parcels
If your mailpiece isn't a postcard, Letter, or a flat (large envelope) , then it's a parcel. You may be surprised to find out that 'parcels' are not just big boxes. Many mailers send small parcels in all classes of mail. Parcels offer some of the best value for your postage dollars.
- Send Mail & Packages Convenient Domestic Shipping. Want to save time and ship from home? Use Click-N-Ship ® service to pay for postage and print a shipping label from your printer or at a Post Office ™ location. Plus, you can schedule a USPS ® pickup from your home or office. With the USPS Loyalty Program, small businesses can now earn credits for Priority Mail ® and Priority Mail.
- First-Class Mail 1–3 Business Days. First-Class Mail ® service is an affordable and easy way to send envelopes and lightweight packages. First-Class Mail Forever ® stamps cost $0.55 (the current 1 oz price) and will never expire, even if the First-Class ™ postage rate goes up. For packages (up to 13 oz), prices start at $4.00.
- And small parcel delivery services with Parcel2Go are certainly no exception. If you need to send a parcel that's a little on the small side, you'll be glad to know that amidst our network are a number of dedicated small item couriers that'll step up to the plate to make postage cheap and easy, no matter the small parcel size.
- Post letters and parcels in the UK and overseas with Royal Mail. Whatever you're sending, compare our services to find the right speed. Whether it's First Class or Special Delivery, trust us with your mail.
This mail class was formerly known as Parcel Post and Standard Post. An approved licensed vendor of the USPS, Stamps.com allows you to buy and print mailing and shipping labels for all USPS mail classes using a standard ink-jet or laser printer.
Generally, commercial parcels must measure:
- At least 3 inches high x 6 inches long x 1/4 inch thick.
- Except for USPS Retail Ground and Parcel Select, no mailpiece may measure more than 108 inches in length and girth combined. Length is the measurement of the longest dimension and girth is the distance around the thickest part (perpendicular to the length). Maximum weight is 70 pounds.
If you prepare your parcels so that they can be processed on Postal Service equipment, your parcel is considered 'machinable.' Machinable parcels are easier to process and deliver, so they are less expensive to mail. Machinable parcels must measure:
- No more than 27 inches long x 17 inches width x 17 inches high.
- No more than 25 pounds (35 pounds for Parcel Select and Parcel Return Service, except books and other printed matter which cannot exceed 25 pounds).
Small Parcel Postage Bags
Balloon and Oversized Prices for Parcels
Small Parcel Postage To Usa
Some parcels may be subject to specialized prices. USPS Retail Ground packages that are large but very light (less than 20 pounds) are charged the postage for a 20 pound package. This is often referred to as a balloon price. Very large USPS Retail Ground or Parcel Select packages (over 108 inches but not more than 130 inches in combined length and girth) are charged an oversized price.